Saturday 21 June 2014

What I am

The works

It's on the basis of the above, containing one book of poetry, that I name this blog as I do. I speak as I find things, and I don't find them to my liking. Tough.

I have no time for today's poetry, or the world around it; I mean the 'culture' of poetry. It's too big for a start, without any elite in charge of it. For another thing, modern art is decrepit in all its arms and types. There are art classes all over the world in which art and poetry is 'therapy', and is particularly useful for those with learning difficulties.

Professional art, the kind you see people buying and putting on the walls, is unquestionably and often intentionally an attack on our sense of beauty and the requirement that the artist show a great deal of skill.

I suppose we try to make ourselves like each other, similar to each other, and  keep our mouths shut so as to be liked. But more or less everything about British and world culture is trash.

There are a thousand reasons for this, causes, including: the world wars (which broke our nerve), immoral use of money (or unregulated capitalism), the death of Christianity in the West; there are thousands of causes of the rot of our world and of this country in particular. I don't want to assign blame; I focus on what is true and good, and then compare it with what is false and worthless - which we find everywhere we look.

Let's be clear. The only person who matters in this existence of ours is me; and my friends and those I love. And coincidentally, I have not read a living poet who interests me; there aren't any, in fact, who deserve being read. We are disgustingly overcome by overpopulation, the influence of the ethically and religiously degenerate rich, and also by a lack of time. I regret like Dante the miscegenation of our culture with foreign influences and immigration; the decline of the Church, and the loss of an Empire.

Perhaps there are people who feel as I do. There is something to be learned here, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment